SBChallenge: Alive or Dead?

This is Student Blogging Challenge 1

So one of the questions for the first Student Blogging Challenge is:

If I could meet 10 people dead or alive, who would they be?”, as well as including a question I would ask about each.

So here is my list. Please note, that being a history freak, everyone is pretty much dead.

1. Queen Elizabeth I – What was it like living under your sister’s rule?
2. Albert Einstein – Were you smart at school, if so, were you “the nerd”?
3.  Marie Curie РDid you feel yourself getting radiation poisoning?|
4. Adolf Hitler – What were you thinking?
5. William Shakespeare  РWhat did you do for the ten years where you completely vanished out of records? Answer as you like it! (Geddit?)
6. King Henry VIII – Did you really love any of your 6 wives?
7. Barack Obama – Can I have a photo?
8. J.K Rowling – What are your tips for being an author? or… What was it like going from poor to instant millionaire?
9. Roger Federer –¬† How much do you practise a day?
10. Stephen Hawking – What is your IQ?

So what do you think of my list and who would you put on yours? Click on the hyperlink above to visit the Student Blogging Challenge website and look at the challenge!

Jess, proudly bookworm.

3 Comments on SBChallenge: Alive or Dead?

1. Miss W.
    March 4, 2013 at 12:08 pm (10 years ago)

G’day Jess,
    Some very interesting questions you have posed. I wonder how they would have answered you, especially 1, 4, 5 and 6.

2. bdonofrio
    March 5, 2013 at 10:06 am (10 years ago)

Hi Jess,
    I shared your post today with my students at Hey, Kids! http://bdonofrio.edublogs.org

You wrote a great post! We liked the way you included the link at the top of the post, included the challenge question in your post, asked your own question at the end, and tagged your post. Of course, we were most impressed with your list of individuals and the questions you posed to each of them. We especially loved your allusion to As You Like It. Do you plan to do something with a degree in history when you get older?

I would like to talk to Elizabeth Blackwell- What did you do to overcome instances of adversity as you pursued your goal of becoming a doctor?

Great job with you post, Jess! I hope some of my students will visit you. I will check out the rest of your blog soon.

Mrs. Donofrio at Hey, Kids!

3. Mrs. G
    March 9, 2013 at 5:09 am (10 years ago)

Hello Jess! Mrs. G – your mentor here, nice to visit your page!
    I really like your post. You included some very interesting people and I would like to hear their answers to your questions. Your questions do show your love of history and the amount of time you spend reading. Have you every read any biographies about Queen Victoria. When I was your age I read everything I could find of her, Theodore Roosevelt and Robin Hood.

I decided to do the blogging challenge along with my 5th – 8th grade students so I posted my 10 people here: http://studentbloggingchallange.weebly.com/index.html

I’m looking forward to poking around your blog some more!