SBChallenge: Astronomy

Hi, all! This week’s theme in the Student Blogging Challenge is on science, similar to how we’ve had a history/geography and mathematics. One of the challenges for this week is to write about a form of science you are passionate about. Here goes!

Astronomy is one of the forms of science that I am most passionate about. I love space and strangely enough, how we know so little about it, yet it seems like quite a lot! Another thing that puzzles me is if there is life anywhere else, or just on Planet Earth. Are there any such thing as “martians” or aliens from all over the universe? And why, with all our research, are we still so clueless about space? In particular about space, I love learning about the Solar System, and about other planets in it, from Mercury to Neptune to the Sun, other planets’ moons and the dwarf planets.

Last year, Zoe (see blog roll) and I did a project about a certain planet (not including Earth) – Jupiter, and found out so much about Jupiter, and also found out so much about what we don’t yet know, if that makes any sense at all. I think astronomy is one of the areas of science that we know the least about, which makes it really interesting for me to learn about it, and that way, I don’t feel so intimidated by all the knowledge that I’m learning about. Click on this link to test your knowledge of night-time constellations:

What’s your favourite area of science?

The Earth’s moon

Comments (2)

paul18November 9th, 2012 at 2:14 pm      

I love astronomy! Isn’t it cool?

JessFebruary 9th, 2013 at 12:00 pm      

Hi guys
    What do you love? You can take a look at the Student Blogging Challenge (linki above) to see what others wrote about.
    Jess

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Challenge 8 – freedom again : Challenge Yourself to Blog